One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others want you to be, rather than being yourself.
Since focusing my attention on taking better care of myself, I’ve discovered that there’s a lot of confusion about what Self Care actually means.
Self Care is not just about bubble baths and rest. Self Care is so much more.
Self care is…
- Sitting in nature with a cuppa in your hands and a heart full of gratitude instead of ticking off the ‘to do’ list
- Choosing a life that feels good over one that looks good
- Being okay with all of your quirks, flaws, and imperfections
- Disappointing people in order to protect your time
- Speaking up instead of putting up or shutting up
- Having strong boundaries to protect your energy and emotional needs
- Giving yourself grace when you don’t show up as your best self (it happens)
- Speaking your truth even when it feels hard
- Honoring your commitments to yourself
- Aligning yourself with your highest good
- Releasing those things that don’t contribute to your evolution, and
- Protecting your peace at all costs
Practicing self care isn’t a ‘one-and-done’ event; it’s a lifelong journey. It’s taking actions that make you feel whole and internalising the knowing that you are worthy.
Join me every day for a whole month of Self Care in my daily ON DEMAND program called Calm Your Farm – learn how to connect inward to your strengths, your peace, and your inner compass. Join me for one of my upcoming Self Care workshops and Retreats coming soon. I am here to help you thrive!
With grace, joy and love,