Lost Your Mojo? Here’s 10 Ways To Get It Back
How much stress are you carrying around right now?
Do you feel burdened by life’s unpredictable circumstances or your own emotional concerns?
Where’s your mojo and zest for life?
Regaining your mojo and becoming happier starts with letting go of worry and stress. I learned this the hard way in my own journey through facing life-threatening cancer (twice), overcoming the loss of loved ones, and walking away from a career in corporate Australia to follow my heart to be a successful coach, writer, mother and entrepreneur. In the process, I had to let go of many things to become the person I am today.
Mentally, emotionally, and spiritually I had to learn how to let go of the person I thought I was in order to be the person I was capable of being. I also had to let go of the life I had, to embrace the life that awaited me. Letting go of anything secure and familiar in life can be scary, but it can also be an amazing act of self-love and fuller expression.
Letting go of my worries and stress made a difference for me; of course I still dip in and out of some very stressful circumstances from time to time, but I’ve found this quick reference list a good reminder to focus on daily to feel better and think more adaptively.
10 Ways To Get Your Mojo Back!
- Let go of worry. Worrying is like a rocking chair – it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere! Worrying is also like praying for what you don’t want.
- Let go of trying to save or change other people. Everyone has their own path, and the best thing you can do is offer support and compassion, work on yourself, and set a great example.
- Let go of cheating on your future with your past. Your past is not an accurate predictor of your future. It’s time to look forward and author a new story.
- Let go of feeling guilty for making yourself a priority. You are worthy and you matter. What example are you setting for others for how to treat you?
- Let go of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong. Focus your thinking and resources on what you ‘want’ rather than what you ‘don’t want.’
- Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better than you. You are unique and right where you need to be…for now. Your uniqueness is your gift to the world. Stop comparing. Bring it on!
- Let go of your fear of the unknown. Take one small and bold step forward and watch the path reveal itself.
- Let go of blaming anyone for anything. Take full responsibility for your life, your happiness and your unhappiness. Accept it or change it. Own your self.
- Let go of your past – it’s history. What happened served to make you stronger, wiser and more aware today. Life is happening here right now. Begin anew with the strength and wisdom you now have – on your own terms.
- Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. Get clear about where you want to go, then focus on BEing the person you need to be to get there. Take action.
And of course, if you’re battling with any of these points, know that you are not alone. Many of us are right there with you, working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and live a life with less stress, headaches and heartache.
This is precisely what prompted me to write and release my FIRST book…
Enliven-U: A little book of inspirations
My book is filled with short, concise and positive tips to keep you on track. In fact, I’ve just re-read it just to centre my mind on these positive principles and to keep myself on track. (I was also looking for a distraction from writing my thesis for my Masters studies at the moment ;).
So if you’re interested in following along with me and making positive changes in your life this year, or giving a gift that inspires, I encourage you to get your copy today!
Books make fantastic gifts; they’re personal, they provide a way of sharing ideas that move you, they communicate: “this really made me think of you,” and they help you give the gifts of inspiration and knowledge, which last long after you give them.
Australian Residents Only: Did you know my ENLIVEN-U Book is included in my ‘Triple Treat Value Pack’?
Not only do you receive the book, but you also get my 2015 Inspirational Desk Calendar and a copy of my ‘Simple Meditation for Busy People’ CD… All for under $50!
And of course, if there’s anything else I can do assist you for 2015 and beyond, please email me or leave a comment on the blog.
Enjoy your mojo and an inspiring 2015!
One of my favourite posts!! The 10 points really connect with me – very inspiring. thank you! xx
Excellent post, thanks Josie