Free 30-minute Connect Session
This free 30-minute session is a chance to pause and reflect on your current reality, what’s working and what’s not and ultimately, discover what you really want. It’s also a great opportunity to connect one-on-one and see whether coaching is right for you and whether there’s a good fit to partner together in a formal coaching series.
90-minute Discovery Session
Are you feeling a lost? Nothing much of anything happening in your work or life that excites you? Then it’s time to get yourself motivated and set some powerful goals! Spend 90 minutes with Josie Thomson taking stock of your life and setting three goals that will excite you and have you moving forward powerfully in your life.
90-minute Breakthrough Session
Feeling stuck? Need to make a big decision but finding it difficult to think things through and move forward? Get unstuck in a 90 minute breakthrough session. Josie Thomson will help you think things through, ask the right questions, stimulate your thinking for insight so that you can confidently make the decision that right for you.
The Executive Program
Being an executive can be a challenging and lonely endeavour. In the corporate culture, it’s certainly not deemed acceptable to reach out and ask for assistance or reassurance when you’re leading an organisation.
But executives are human beings that have the same needs as everyone else. Sometimes you just need an objective sounding board, or someone to depend on, challenge and stretch your thinking and provide the positive acknowledgement that you often don’t get as a leader in an organisation.
Josie Thomson’s understands the challenges that leaders face everyday. Her breadth of experience as an executive working in one of the world’s largest mining companies and a coach working hundreds of executives over the past 12 years means she is the perfect partner for busy, stressed out leaders.
The Executive Coaching Program is a 6 or 12 session series (typically held monthly) where leaders can safely and confidentially share their challenges, seek reassurance and feel the support that is lacking in their work environment.
Contact Josie for a complimentary 30 minute session and to discuss whether the Executive Program is right for you or the leaders within your organisation.
The Emerging Leaders Program
You’re ambitious. You’re hungry. You want to get to the top and you know you have a lot to offer, but maybe you’re sabotaging yourself with self-limiting beliefs or negative thinking that’s stopping you from breaking through to the next level. Or maybe you just want the support of a coach to help you reach greater heights.
Josie Thomson is an expert in shifting mindsets and removing the self-imposed barriers that prevent emerging leaders from reaching their true potential. You’ll gain a greater awareness of what’s getting in your way, learn how to think better, put an end to bad habits and build new and positive ones that support your growth throughout and well beyond the coaching series.
The Emerging Leaders Program typically runs for either 6 or 12 monthly sessions.
Contact Josie for a complimentary 30 minute session and to discuss whether the Emerging Leaders Program is right for you or the leaders within your organisation.
Career Transition Program
Do you wake up each morning to greet the day with enthusiasm? Do you love what you do? Is your work meaningful and purposeful?
Our careers play a vital role in our overall sense of wellbeing and happiness. And life is too short to spend a third of your day, every day, doing something that you don’t enjoy.
The Career Transition Package is a laser focused intervention, specifically designed to help you discover and connect with your truth i.e. your strengths, values and passions, so that you can confidently seek out an enlivened career.
In this series of up to 6 sessions, you’ll discover:
- Who you are
- What you stand for
- What your signature strengths are
- What your personal and professional values are; and
- What you are most passionate about doing
- What will give a deep sense of purpose and meaning to your life
By the end of this coaching series, you will have a very clear understanding of your next career steps so that you can seek out opportunities that gives your life meaning and delivers you greater levels of fulfillment and deep satisfaction.
Get in touch with Josie to enquire about the Career Transition Package and start resourcing yourself for your next career adventure!
What is Emotional Capital?
Today we’re working with a new balance sheet. Knowledge, or intellectual capital has been and is the highly valued stock in most businesses. It’s what businesses know and use to create products or solve problems and ultimately create wealth. Yet knowledge is only the first of two important assets in business. The second is emotional capital – the feelings, beliefs, perceptions and values that people hold when they engage with any business. It’s the emotional assets in your organization that determine whether or not people will work well for you, buy from you, employ you and enter into business with you.
Emotional Capital Three Core Elements:
1. External Emotional Capital – the value of the feelings and perceptions held by the customer and the external stakeholder towards your business. The only way to create real profit is to attract the emotional rather than the rational customer by appealing to his or her feelings and imagination. Customers want to buy from organizations they like and who are like them. This creates brand value and goodwill and results in repeat sales through customer loyalty, lifetime relationships and referrals. In other words, the brand creates trust and recognition and is a promise and an emotional contract with each customer.
2. Internal Emotional Capital -the value of the emotional commitments held in the hearts of the people within your business. It can be is seen in the energy and enthusiasm that people bring to work to create products and solve problems. Every relationship that your business has with everyone it touches is an asset and an investment. To build emotional wealth you must treat your people as investors because that is what they are — intellectual and emotional investors. Every day they bring their heads and hearts to work. And if they don’t, you won’t be in business very long.
3. Intra-personal Emotional Capital – the level of positive, focused energy that you invest at work and in your personal life. As a leader, you will inspire or demoralize others first by how effectively you manage your own emotional energy and, second, by how well you mobilize, focus and renew the collective energy of the people you lead.
Why Emotional Capital Matters
First, emotional capital is valuable because it creates strong relationships that enable people to achieve effective collective outcomes. Research shows that the key factors driving job satisfaction are relationships with managers, company culture, advancement opportunities, and opportunities to work with others. Employees are simply more and more unwilling to stay in an unhappy work environment. Therefore, leaders who create cultures of passionate people maximize the productive potential of the human capital in the business.
Second, everybody knows that attracting and retaining talented people is the most important strategic issue for every company today and tomorrow. The most competitive market of the future is the labor market. To attract the most talented people, companies and organizations must focus on building exceptional workplace cultures where passionate people can innovate and drive change.
How Do You Build Emotional Capital
In the last ten years, the most sensational strategy for building emotional capital has been to focus on developing emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is an indispensable set of social and emotional competencies for leveraging knowledge and emotions to drive positive change and business success.
Emotional Capital Report (ECR)
There are many ways of gaining feedback on performance, but by far the most credible and compelling way is to benchmark emotional and social competencies and provide feedback using high-quality psychometric assessment tools. Comparing our skills against a well-established benchmark of peer performance clarifies where we currently stand and has the effect of engaging our internal drive to improve.
Rigorous scientific research has identified ten emotional skills that drive leadership performance and separate great leaders from the rest. These ten skills can now be accurately measured by the Emotional Capital Report (ECR)– the world’s first scientifically developed psychometric for measuring emotional intelligence and leadership. The ECR™ offers a unique assessment of the components of emotional intelligence that are empirically linked to leadership performance and provides a wealth of coaching strategies tailored to each individual’s development needs.
ECR 360 Report
- Delivers two development reports – a 19-page ECR ‘Self’ report & a 21-page ECR Multi-Rater report
- Simple, self-directed online management & administration of raters including: manager, peers, direct reports & ‘other’
- Rater scores are compared to ‘Self’ scores to yield a gap analysis & an understanding of differences in self/other perception
- Includes a Verbatim Section that allows raters to elaborate on responses
- Includes a Coaching Section & action plan for improving leadership performance & for building emotional intelligence systematically
How Does it Work?
If you are an individual wanting to build your personal emotional intelligence, the report is delivered immediately to your desktop.
See Here for a sample ECR360 multi-rater report.
Click Here for a full ECR technical research paper.
Send Josie an email to enquire about ECR360 for your workplace.